Majorie’s practice specializes in corporate law and venture finance. She has deep experience in company structures, financings, executive advisement, due diligence, contract drafting and negotiations. She has counseled start-ups and entrepreneurs, as well as large private and public companies, serving as in-house counsel and outside general counsel. She has over fifteen years of expertise in supporting corporate growth, international expansion, and acquisitions while protecting against legal risks. As a business and legal strategist, she blends her background in corporate law and entrepreneurial business to evaluate and advise on opportunities for clients to build a competitive position in a variety of markets.
Prior to joining Potts Blacklock Senterfitt, PLLC, Majorie was senior legal editor at Thomson Reuters, senior counsel at Foley & Lardner and of counsel at DLA Piper. She served as in-house counsel for Trade Technologies, JUUL Labs and Altisource Services. She began her legal career at Gunderson Dettmer as an associate. Majorie received her law degree with Honors from The University of Texas School of Law and her M.B.A. with Honors from The University of Texas McCombs School of Business. She earned her B.A. from The University of Virginia and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. She is admitted to the Texas and Virginia State Bar.
- Potts Blacklock Senterfitt, PLLC, 2023-current
- Thomson Reuters, Senior Legal Editor, 2021-2023
- Foley & Lardner, Senior Counsel, 2017-2020
- DLA Piper, Of Counsel, 2014-2017
- Trade Technologies, General Counsel and Vice-President, 2011-2014
Charitable and Civic
- Retirement Home Therapy Pet Volunteer, 2021 – present
- Junior League of Austin/Roanoke, Member and Sustainer, 2000 – present