Diane concentrates her practice in the areas of real estate law matters, including Real Estate (and Businesses with Real Estate) Acquisitions and Sales; Complex Commercial and Build-To-Suit Leasing for both landlords and tenants; Real Estate and Personal Property Finance from both the borrower’s and lender’s perspectives; Condominiums; Real Estate Construction Contracts and Lending; Commercial Loan Restructuring and Foreclosures; Conservation Easements; and Title Curative Matters.
Prior to co-founding Potts Blacklock Senterfitt, PLLC, Diane was a real estate attorney for a large international law firm and a large regional law firm specializing in banking and financial institutions. Diane received her J.D. with Honors from Texas Tech University and her bachelor of business administration with honors in accounting from the University of Texas at Austin.
Diane has an AV-Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, reflecting overall expertise, experience, integrity, and professional excellence. In 2011, Diane was honored by the Travis County Women Lawyers’ Association as the year’s outstanding attorney in Transactional Law.
Diane currently serves on the board of the Austin Golden Retriever Club and on the Legal Committee for the Golden Retriever Club of America. She has been active in her professional community serving as Board of Director of the Travis County Women Lawyers’ Foundation; being a Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and Fellow of the Travis County Woman Lawyer’s Foundation. She is a member of the Texas Bar Association and the Austin Bar Association, Real Estate Section.
- Potts Blacklock Senterfitt, PLLC, 2015-current
- Hohmann Taube & Summers LLP, 2008 – 2015, Of Counsel
- Hance Scarborough, LLP, 2002 – 2008
- Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, LLP, 1997 – 2002, Partner
- Small, Craig & Werkenthin, P.C., 1994 – 1997, Shareholder; 1997, Director
- Small, Craig & Werkenthin, P.C., 1986 – 1993, Associate
- Travis County Women Lawyer’s Association Corporate/Transactional Attorney of 2011
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5 Rating for High Ethical and Legal Ability
- Leadership Texas
Charitable and Civic
- Travis County Woman Lawyer’s Foundation, Director (2013 – present) and Fellow (2009 –present)
- Life Fellow – Texas Bar Foundation, 1996 – present
- Texas Bar Association, 1986 – present
- Travis County Bar Association – Real Estate Section, 1986 – present
- Zachary Scott Theatre, Board of Directors 1994 – 1998 and Legal Counsel 1994 – 2015
- Austin Golden Retriever Club, Board of Directors