Jessica’s practice focuses on a wide variety of corporate and securities law matters, including Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, and Fundraising Transactions, Debt Financings, and, Lending Transactions, Commercial Contracts, Start-up and Closely Held Business Matters, Executive Compensation, and Outside General Counsel Services.
Prior to co-founding Potts Blacklock Senterfitt, PLLC, Jessica was the general counsel of a publicly-traded company and a corporate attorney with a large international law firm. Jessica received her law degree with Honors from The University of Texas School of Law. She also received a bachelor of business administration with High Honors from the Business Honors Program of the University of Texas at Austin, with a second major in Finance.
Jessica has an AV-Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, reflecting overall expertise, experience, integrity, and professional excellence, has been selected by Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuter) as a 2021 Super Lawyer – Business/Corporate, and to their 2018 and 2019 Texas Rising Stars list, and was named a finalist in the legal category of the Austin Under 40 Awards in 2013. She was also named to the Austin Monthly list of top Austin Attorneys for Corporate Finance Mergers and Acquisitions (2019) and Corporate Counsel (2019, 2020).
Jessica also serves on the boards of directors of CASA of Travis County, Inc. and Wait Until 8th, Inc., and is active in her church.
- Potts Blacklock Senterfitt, PLLC, 2011-current
- ProAssurance Corporation, Vice President – Legal, 2010-2011
- American Physicians Service Group, Inc., Vice President and General Counsel, 2009-2010
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, LLP, 2005-2009
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5 Rating for High Ethical and Legal Ability
- Selected to Super Lawyers, 2021
- Selected to Super Lawyers Texas Rising Stars, 2018, 2019
- Austin Monthly, Top Lawyers, 2019, 2020
- Austin Under 40 Awards, Finalist, Legal Category, 2013
- Leadership Austin, Emerge Class of 2012
Charitable and Civic
- Wait Until 8th, Inc., Board Member, 2018 – present
- CASA of Travis County, Inc. Board Member, 2010-2016; 2018 – 2021